2. SUBMISSION AND COLLECTION OF INFORMATION - This section addresses the types of information that FTS collects directly from users and the collection of non-personally identifiable information via cookies and related technologies by, and on behalf of, FTS and third parties.
4. USE AND DISCLOSURE - This section describes how FTS uses your information to provide and manage the FTS Services, including when FTS may disclose your information to third parties that assist FTS in providing those services.
5. SECURITY - This section describes FTS's security measures.
6. USER CONTROL AND ACCOUNT CANCELATION - This section informs users how to access and change their personal information stored by FTS, and how to cancel their accounts.
7. CONTACT US - This section instructs users how to contact FTS.
Fox Television Stations, Inc., and certain of its affiliated entities (collectively, "FTS" or "we") operate news and entertainment websites (each an "FTS Website") on behalf of their owned and operated television stations (the "Fox Television Stations"). The services FTS offers may include photos, videos, applications, community pages, message boards and any other features, content, or applications offered from time to time by FTS in connection with the Fox Television Stations, including when accessed via the Internet, mobile or other devices (collectively, the "FTS Services"). FTS is part of the United States based operations of News Corporation.
As set forth in our Terms of Service, the FTS Websites are general audience sites, are not targeted to children, and do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 years of age.
2. SUBMISSION AND COLLECTION OF INFORMATION ON FTS SERVICES
User Submitted Information
- Registration Information is the information that users must provide to FTS at registration for or upon subscription to a FTS Service, for example, to create an account or profile, enter a contest or sweepstakes, receive a newsletter, play a game or take a survey. Each FTS Website may require different information from you to register or subscribe, such as, name, username, email address and/or birthday.
- Public Information and Posts consist of comments or content that you post to the FTS Services and the information about you that accompanies those posts, such as a username or user picture, or if the FTS Website offers user profiles, your profile content. Public Information and Posts will be public unless the FTS Website states that certain information, content or posts will not be made public or gives you the opportunity to use privacy settings to make it non-public. When information is public, this means it will be available to everyone and will be displayed in search results both on the FTS Services and on external search engines. Each FTS Website may offer different opportunities for Public Information and Posts.
FTS Services Collected Information
Most browsers are initially set to accept cookies, but you can change your settings to notify you when a cookie is being set or updated, or to block cookies altogether. Please consult the "Help" section of your browser for more information (e.g., http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies). Users can manage the use of Flash technologies, including cookies, with the Flash management tools available at Adobe's website, see http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/security/privacy_policy/faq.html. Please note that by blocking any or all cookies, you may not have access to certain features or personalization available through the FTS Services.
Third Parties. To improve the quality of the FTS Services, we may supplement the information we collect with information from third parties. If you access the FTS Services through a third-party connection or log-in, we may also collect your user ID and/or user name associated with that third-party service, and any information you have made public in connection with that service or which the third party shares with partner services.
Third parties that support the FTS Services by serving advertisements or providing other services may also use tracking technologies. FTS does not control these third-party technologies and their use is governed by the privacy policies of third parties using such technologies. For more information about third-party ad networks that use these technologies, see www.aboutads.info.
3. NOTICE & CHOICE
4. USE AND DISCLOSURE
Information Made Public Through Use of the FTS Services and User Privacy Settings
Any Public Information and Posts are always publicly available to everyone, including other users, Search Engines, and anyone else with access to the FTS Services.
FTS's Use and Disclosure of Information
We use the information we collect from and about users for the following purposes:
- To allow third-party service providers to assist us in providing and managing the FTS Services. FTS may make your non-public personal information available to certain third-party service providers, such as contractors, agents or sponsors, who help us manage or provide the FTS Services. These outside service providers are required to protect non-public personal information entrusted to them and not use it for any other purpose than the specific service they are providing to FTS.
- To contact you. FTS may periodically send promotional materials, newsletters or notifications related to the FTS Services to the email address you provided to us at registration. If you want to stop receiving promotional materials from FTS, you can follow the unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email. There are certain service notification emails that you may not opt-out of as long as you are registered or subscribed to the FTS Services, such as notifications of changes to the FTS Services or policies.
- To protect the rights of the FTS Services and our users. There may be instances when FTS may disclose user information without providing notice or choice, including situations where FTS has a good faith belief that such disclosure is necessary in order to: (i) protect or defend the legal rights or property of FTS, our Affiliated Companies or their employees, agents and contractors (including enforcement of our agreements); (ii) protect the safety and security of users of the FTS Services or members of the public; (iii) protect against fraud or for risk management purposes; or (iv) comply with the law or legal process.
- To complete a merger or sale of assets. If FTS sells all or part of its business or makes a sale or transfer of its assets or is otherwise involved in a merger or transfer of all or a material part of its business, FTS may transfer your information to the party or parties involved in the transaction as part of that transaction.
FTS uses commercially reasonable administrative, technical, personnel and physical measures to safeguard user information in its possession against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure or modification.
6. USER CONTROL AND ACCOUNT CANCELATION
Remember that even after you cancel your account or subscription, copies of some information from your account may remain viewable in some circumstances – where, for example, you have shared information with another user or a third-party application or website. We may also retain backup information related to your account on our servers for some time after cancellation for fraud detection or to comply with applicable law or our internal security policies. Because of the nature of caching technology, your account may not be instantly inaccessible to others, and there may be a delay in the removal of the content from search engines.
To access your Registration Information, send an e-mail with the word "Privacy" in the subject line to Privacy@foxtv.com, or write to Internet Privacy Information at Fox Television Stations, Inc., Legal Department, 1999 South Bundy Drive, Los Angeles, California 90025, requesting a listing of the Registration Information that is on file that you have provided or that has been obtained from a third party. We will provide you with a list of your Registration Information within thirty (30) calendar days from receipt of your request. There may be certain instances when we may not be able to provide the Registration Information, such as when access would violate the privacy of another individual or when access is prohibited by law.
In the event the Registration Information on file is incorrect, you may correct the Registration Information by sending a written request for correction to Internet Privacy Information at Fox Television Stations, Inc., Legal Department, 1999 South Bundy Drive, Los Angeles, California 90025, including (1) all of the incorrect Registration Information, (2) the corrections that you wish to make to your Registration Information, and (3) your signature authorizing such changes. We will then correct the Registration Information in its database and send a written confirmation to you within forty-five (45) business days.
7. CONTACT US
Fox Television Stations, Inc.
1999 South Bundy Drive
Los Angeles, California 90025