A Phoenix woman had to be rushed to a hospital after mistaking superglue for eyedrops, myFOXphoenix.com reported Monday.
Irmgard Holm, who had cataract surgery last year, reached for what she thought was one of her six eyedrop medications and instead picked up superglue and applied it to her eye.
"The bottles are identical and I am not young anymore, but I am not senile," Holm said.
She tried washing the adhesive out but the quick-drying glue sealed her eye shut.
Paramedics and hospital staff saved her sight by cutting off the glue and washing the eye.
It's not the first time a person has mistaken superglue for eyedrops with similar cases found by myFOXphoenix.com dating back to 1982.
The Food and Drug Administration will interview Holm later this week, and she hopes her case and the others will put pressure on glue makers to change the shape and size of their bottles.
Read more: http://www.myfoxphoenix.com