Get this recipe courtesy of Chef Chuck Sansone from Continental Catering. Learn more about the Get Your Heart Racing fundraiser by visiting www.getyourheartracing.org.
4 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons green onion
1 cup chicken stock
3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
1 teaspoon hot chili oil, or more to taste
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
1. In saucepan, whisk together the chicken stock, peanut butter, soy sauce, sesame oil, and chili oil.
2. Set the pan over medium heat, bring to a simmer, and let simmer for 5 minutes.
3. Remove from the heat and stir in the cilantro.
4. In another sauté pan add the olive oil and put on medium high heat.
5. Add shrimp and sauté until done. (5 to 6 minutes)
6. Once shrimp is fully cooked add peanut sauce in pan to coat the shrimp
7. Serve with your favorite rice of pasta.
Sauce can be made ahead of time
Let cool to room temperature, then store in a plastic container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week or in the freezer up to 3 months.