BOSTON (FOX 25 / MyFoxBoston.com) – Emergency crews were called to Boston University on Monday after a research assistant spilled a form of acid on themselves.
The Boston Fire Department tweeted that the assistant was working in the Life Sciences and Engineering building when he or she spilled a chemical called trichloroacetic acid.
This particular type of acid is used in biochemistry to help when targeting proteins DNA and RNA.
The assistant did wash the acid off in a safety shower nearby, but it is corrosive, so the victim was taken to the hospital for evaluation.
The university's environmental staff is handling the cleanup.
25 FOX DriveDedham, MA 02026
Phone (781) 467-2525