Coroner: Reid’s Son Died Of Accidental Heroin Overdose - Boston News, Weather, Sports | FOX 25 | MyFoxBoston

Coroner: Reid’s Son Died Of Accidental Heroin Overdose

Posted: Updated:

Garrett Reid, the son of Philadelphia Eagles head coach Andy Reid, died this summer of an accidental heroin overdose, a coroner has ruled after receiving the results of toxicology tests.

Garrett Reid, 29, was found dead on Aug. 5 in a dorm room at Lehigh University, during the Eagles' training camp.

The Northampton County coroner says he was found unresponsive on the floor with a large amount of drug paraphernalia nearby, including 47 syringes, 64 needles and 19 vials of an unknown substance.

While the cause of Reid's death is clear, investigators say they will continue to work on trying to determine the identity of anyone who may have delivered illegal drugs to Reid in Northampton County or in Philadelphia.

The Northampton County District Attorney's office says it will also be tracing information on Reid's cell phone to anyone he may have been in contact with the hours or days prior to his death.

Many had speculated that drugs were involved in his death, as he was a recovering drug addict. The Reid family had talked about his eight-year struggle in statements to the media about his death.

Investigators say the last two people who saw Reid that night said he was fine. But he was later found slumped over in chair.

Lehigh University Police said nothing was "tampered with" at the scene.

Powered by WorldNow

25 FOX Drive
Dedham, MA 02026

Phone (781) 467-2525

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | New Terms of Service What's new | Ad Choices