Superstorm Sandy is now being blamed for 41 deaths in New York City, 3 deaths on Long Island, 22 deaths in New Jersey and 4 in Conn.
"We have found more deceased. The full toll is still emerging. Our hearts are filled with sorrow for those who lost their loved ones or their homes," said Mayor Michael Bloomberg.
Here is a list of known deaths in the tristate region related to Hurricane Sandy:
- Herminia St. John, 75, died in her Manhattan home after power for her respirator lost power during the storm on Monday, Oct. 29.
- Conn. State Police say Olga Raymond, 90, died Monday afternoon after being hit by a falling tree on West Highland Rd. in Mansfield.
- A volunteer firefighter from Easton, Conn. was killed by a falling tree on Monday. Lt. Russell Neary, 55, was president of the Easton Volunteer Fire Company. He is survived by his wife, Maryanne and two daughters.
- N.Y. State Police say Monday at approximately 6:13 p.m. Doreen Richardson, 69, of Kerhonkson, NY was killed when a large section of roof blew into the windshield of her car and hit her.
-Andrew Sammarco drowned in his Staten Island home on Monday night when he became trapped in the basement by floodwaters. His wife was on the other side of the door but couldn't open it.
- Lauren Abraham, 23, was electrocuted during the storm on Oct. 29 when she stepped in an electrified puddle at 105-05 134th St. in Richmond Hill, Queens.
- N.Y. State Police say two boys, ages 11 and 13 were killed when a large tree crashed into 19 Bonnie View St. in North Salem just after 7 p.m. on Monday. Two other children were hurt in the incident. Their identities were not released.
- Suffolk County, N.Y. police say John Miller, 39, of 7 Oak Hill Rd. was killed when a tree collapsed on him at approximately 7:25 p.m. on Monday as he was preparing the family's car to leave the home. His wife and two children, who were in the car, were not hurt.
- The NYPD says Anthony Laino, 30, was killed in Flushing, Queens when a tree crashed through is house. It happened at about 7:30 p.m. at 47-34 166th St.
- Gov. Christie says that in Mendham, N.J., two people were killed when a tree fell on their vehicle about 7:30 p.m. The couple's two children survived the incident. The victims have been identified as Richard Everett, 54, of Randolph, and his wife Elizabeth, 48.
- 2 young Staten Island brothers, Connor Moore, 4, and Brendan Moore, 2 were killed when they were swept away from their mother's arms by floodwaters.
- Off-duty NYPD officer Artur Kasprak, 28, died in his New York City home about 7:45 p.m. Sunday night while trying to move his family into the attic to protect them from rapidly rising flood waters. His body was found in the basement on Monday morning.
- N.Y. State Police say Monday at 7:45 p.m. a Yonkers man was killed on the Sprain Brook Parkway in Greenburgh when he his a tree that had fallen across the road. Her identity has not been released.
- An unidentified man, 55, was found dead at 10 p.m. inside 90 Broad St. in TriBeCa after floodwaters washed him inside.
-The NYPD says Angela Dresch, 13, girl was found dead under storm debris at about 1 a.m. Tuesday in 455 Manhattan St. in Staten Island's Tottenville section.
- Fletcher Fish, 77, of Hawthorne, N.J. died when twos trees fell on his house.
-On Tuesday Oct. 30 at 7:55 a.m. Jacob Vogelman, 24 and Bushwick High School teacher Jessie Streich-Kest, 24, both of Brooklyn were found dead after a tree fell on them on Ditmas Ave..
-On Tuesday Oct. 30 at 5:50 a.m. the NYPD found Rose Faggiano, 85, inside her home at 164-25 98 Street in Queens.
-On Tuesday, Oct. 30 at 4:40 p.m. the NYPD found George O'Regan, 79, and Eugene Contrubis, 62, dead inside 162 Kiswick St. on Staten Island.
- The body of an unidentified 60-year-old man was found Tuesday inside his home at 778 Nugent Ave. in the Midland Beach section of Staten Island. He appeared to have drowned.
- An unidentified drowning victim, 62, was found inside her home at 299 Norton Ave. on Staten Island.
-On Wednesday, Oct. 31 at approximately 11:25 a.m. NYPD officers found Jack Paterno, 65, of 787 Nugent Ave., Staten Island dead in his home.
-On Wednesday, Oct. 31 at approximately 11:10 a.m. Patricia Bevan, 59 was found in her home at 638 Hunter Ave. on Staten Island.
-On Wednesday, Oct. 31 at 12:15 a.m. found Anna Gesso, 62 in her home at 299 Naughton Ave. on Staten Island.
-The body of George Dresch, 55 of 687 Yetman Ave. on Staten Island was found on Oct. 31 in a wooded area in the area of Brighton St. and Billop Ave.
-The body of drowning victim Eden Toussaint,58, was found in the basement of his home at 420 Beach 69 Street in Queens.
-On Wednesday, Oct. 31, Beatris Spagnola, 80, was found in her home at 164 Grimsby on Staten Island.
The body of Anastasia Rispoli, 73, was found at 158 Grimsby on Staten Island on Wednesday, Oct. 31.
-On Thursday, Nov. 1, at 10:30 a.m. the NYPD found Marie Colborne, 66 and Walter Colborne, 89 in the woods outside of their home at 23 Harbour Court on Staten Island.
- The bodies of John Filipowicz Jr. and John Filipowicz Sr. were found in their Fox Beach Avenue home on Staten Island. They drown in the tide surge.
- The body of Anthony Narh, of the Bronx, was found inside a car in Empire Parking Garage in TriBeCa.
- An unidentified 87-year-old man was found drowned in his apartment at 2730 Neptune Ave. in Brooklyn.
- The bodies of John Filpowicz Sr., 51, and John Filpowicz Jr., 20, were found under debris in their home at 72 Fox Beach Ave. in Oakwood, Staten Island.
- Anne Marie Dolan, 57, was killed by a falling tree in Commak on Long Island. Suffolk County Police say she was homeless and had been staying in a tent. Her body was found on Nov. 5.
- William McKeon, 78, died on Nov. 7, 2012 at Jamaica Hospital to injuries sustained as a result of the storm. He was discovered inside of 106-20 Shore Front Parkway in Rockaway. McKeon was found at the bottom of a pitch-black stairwell on Tuesday that was still wet and covered with sand.
Information from the Associated Press on other N.J. deaths:
— William Sword, 61, of Princeton, killed by a tree that fell as he cleared debris from his driveway.
— Richard Everett, 54, of Randolph, and his wife Elizabeth, 48, killed, and their two sons injured, when a large tree fell on their pickup truck in Mendham.
— Joseph Godleski, 69, of South Hackensack, drowned in the Hackensack River, which overflowed its banks.
— Bobby McDuffie, 47, drowned in Newark while trying to move his car out of the way of the rising Passaic River.
— Bruce Latteri, 51, of Jefferson, died when a tree crashed into his house.
— Woman from Atlantic City died of apparent heart attack while being evacuated.
— Man in Edison likely died of carbon monoxide poisoning while running a generator.
— Two sisters, 19 and 20, died of carbon monoxide poisoning in their Newark apartment building, which was being powered by a generator.
— Elderly woman in Jersey City who needed oxygen found dead by her caregiver.
— Elderly woman in Summit fell down stairs due to lack of light.
— Man in Brick found dead in flooded house.
—Man, 43, in Asbury, Hunterdon County, died when a tree fell on him.
—Female, 70, and male, 73, in Willingboro were victims of a house fire.
—Man, 55, of New Brunswick died at a restaurant while running a generator in the basement.
—Man found in dead in his destroyed home in Little Egg Harbor.
—Woman, 84, in Middlesex Borough killed by falling down the stairs in the dark.
—Woman, 94, in Lacy found dead in her residence; probable drowning or hypothermia.
—Man, 71, in Stafford found dead in his residence; probable drowning or hypothermia.