Upper Merion Township Police say a 90-year-old woman died Tuesday in her home and two others were evacuated after high levels of carbon monoxide were discovered.
According to police, officers found the woman dead in her home on the 600 block of Charlestown Drive in the Swedeland section of Upper Merion Township.
Emergency responders say they were alerted to high levels of carbon monoxide in the house by monitoring equipment they carried inside.
Police say a preliminary investigation shows a portable gas powered generator was in use in the garage since the power had gone out hours earlier.
Police say the homeowners slept on the third floor while the victim slept on the first floor in a hospital bed.
Investigators have not yet released the names of the residents.
NICE EASTER WEEKEND
Frost advisories posted for Friday morning for lows in the 30s. Protect sensitive plants in the outlying suburbs away from the city!
Expect a gradual warm up over the next couple of days.
Friday High: 56
Saturday High: 64
Sunday High: 65