The Brick Township Office of Emergency Management has issued a mandatory evacuation order as a Nor'easter is on track to reach the area.
According to the office of emergency management, the mandatory evacuation goes in effect Tuesday at 6 p.m. for residents in the low lying waterfront areas of town that are prone to flooding and storm surge.
These areas include:
- Midstreams neighborhood East of Jordan Rd.
- Area of Island Dr. in Cedarcroft North & South Dr. (Metedeconk)
- Princeton Ave. East of Beaver Dam Rd.
- Cedarbridge Manor East of Lions Lane
- Vanada Woods, Eagle Pass, Sandy Point ,Tilton Rd, Cranberry Cove, Swan Point Park including Beaton and Gale Rd.
- Baywood East of Pilot Dr. and Mandolay Dr.
- Cherry Quay South of Tiller Lane
- Sailors Quay off of Pleasant Dr.
- North Pier and South Sailors Quay
- Waterfront Property in Mallard Point
- Seaview Dr. & Seaview Ave in Seaview Village
- Shore Acres
- Seawood Harbor Waterfront Property in Bay Harbor
The office of emergency management says residents with homes that are not included in the mandatory evacuation areas but were impacted by Hurricane Sandy are strongly encouraged to evacuate.
Overnight look for passing clouds and a few flurries. Bundle up and watch for icy patches on roads and sidewalks. Lows in the upper teens and low 20s.
The cold stays with us for a few more days with highs around freezing.
Looks like another storm system moving in to start the weekend. This one will likely bring a mix of snow, sleet, and rain. Stay tuned.