The Brick Township Office of Emergency Management has issued a mandatory evacuation order as a Nor'easter is on track to reach the area.
According to the office of emergency management, the mandatory evacuation goes in effect Tuesday at 6 p.m. for residents in the low lying waterfront areas of town that are prone to flooding and storm surge.
These areas include:
- Midstreams neighborhood East of Jordan Rd.
- Area of Island Dr. in Cedarcroft North & South Dr. (Metedeconk)
- Princeton Ave. East of Beaver Dam Rd.
- Cedarbridge Manor East of Lions Lane
- Vanada Woods, Eagle Pass, Sandy Point ,Tilton Rd, Cranberry Cove, Swan Point Park including Beaton and Gale Rd.
- Baywood East of Pilot Dr. and Mandolay Dr.
- Cherry Quay South of Tiller Lane
- Sailors Quay off of Pleasant Dr.
- North Pier and South Sailors Quay
- Waterfront Property in Mallard Point
- Seaview Dr. & Seaview Ave in Seaview Village
- Shore Acres
- Seawood Harbor Waterfront Property in Bay Harbor
The office of emergency management says residents with homes that are not included in the mandatory evacuation areas but were impacted by Hurricane Sandy are strongly encouraged to evacuate.
Summer is not over just yet! Hot and humid conditions much of the week with temps in the 90's and upper 80's.
Summer is not over just yet! Today will be very hot and humid with high temperatures in the low to mid 90s and mostly sunny skies. A cold front will bring some thunderstorms tonight, some of which may be severe.
Wednesday will be less humid but it remains warm all week long.
Tuesday (93/72): Clouds/Storm
Wednesday (88/74): Sun/Clouds
Thursday (89/67): Sunny/Hot