Police: Investigation of 3 missing boys remains 'active' - Boston News, Weather, Sports | FOX 25 | MyFoxBoston

Police: Investigation of 3 missing Morenci boys remains 'active'

Posted: Updated:
The Skelton boys, who Morenci police believe are dead. The Skelton boys, who Morenci police believe are dead.

MORENCI, Mich. (WJBK) -- Police say the investigation into the case of three Michigan boys missing since Thanksgiving 2010 remains "active" ahead of the second anniversary of their disappearance.

Police in Morenci, however, say in a statement released Tuesday that they still believe the boys are dead. Investigators say they've received about 1,300 tips and continue to seek more. A $60,000 reward is being offered.

The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children created age-progressed photos of Andrew, Alexander and Tanner Skelton. The boys were last seen at their father's home in Morenci near the Michigan-Ohio border.

The Skelton brothers were 9, 7, and 5 years old, respectively, when they last were seen.

John Skelton pleaded no contest last year to charges of unlawful imprisonment and says he didn't harm the children. Despite Skelton's claims, police in Morenci believe he murdered his sons and likely disposed of them during the early morning hours of Nov. 26.

"His choice to hid behind this outlandish story is selfish and cowardly," said Chief Larry Weeks. "If he cared about his sons at all he would disclose the truth and bring resolution to this case."

- The Associated Press contributed to this report

  • Local NewsLocal NewsMore>>

  • Governor Snyder files for reelection

    Governor Snyder files for reelection

    Thursday, April 17 2014 2:54 PM EDT2014-04-17 18:54:57 GMT
     Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder has made his re-election bid official. How many signatures he collected and what he's fired up about tonight. 
     Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder has made his re-election bid official. How many signatures he collected and what he's fired up about tonight. 
  • Auto company investing millions in Oakland County

    Auto company investing millions in Oakland County

    Thursday, April 17 2014 2:54 PM EDT2014-04-17 18:54:44 GMT
    An international automotive company is investing $15.3 million to expand its business in Oakland County, creating more than 100 full-time jobs.
    An international automotive company is investing $15.3 million to expand its business in Oakland County, creating more than 100 full-time jobs.
  • Benefit planned for family of girl who died after accident outside Canton school

    Benefit planned for family of girl who died after accident outside Canton school

    Thursday, April 17 2014 1:33 PM EDT2014-04-17 17:33:10 GMT
    A benefit is planned for the family of an elementary school student who died after being hit by a vehicle during morning drop-off.
    A benefit is planned for the family of an elementary school student who died after being hit by a vehicle during morning drop-off.
Powered by WorldNow

25 FOX Drive
Dedham, MA 02026

Phone (781) 467-2525

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices