Another man sues ex-Elmo puppeteer, claims abuse - Boston News, Weather, Sports | FOX 25 | MyFoxBoston

Another man sues ex-Elmo puppeteer, claims abuse

Posted: Updated:
Kevin Clash Kevin Clash

NEW YORK (AP) - A Florida man has sued the ex-Elmo puppeteer who resigned amid a sex scandal, saying the voice actor met him in New York after trolling gay telephone chat lines seeking underage boys for sex.

The lawsuit seeking unspecified damages was filed in Manhattan federal court Tuesday by a man who remains anonymous.

The man says he met Kevin Clash on a chat line when he was 16 years old in 2000 and exploring modeling opportunities in New York.

The lawsuit says Clash had numerous Elmo dolls in his apartment when he met the teen for sex. The man, now 29, is the third to make claims against Clash, who resigned from "Sesame Street" last week after 28 years.

A spokeswoman says Clash "believes this lawsuit has no merit."

Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

  • Queens NewsQueens NewsMore>>

  • Kayakers breach New York's JFK airport security

    Kayakers breach New York's JFK airport security

    Sunday, July 27 2014 3:46 PM EDT2014-07-27 19:46:29 GMT
    The tower at John F. Kennedy International AirportThe tower at John F. Kennedy International Airport
    Two kayakers have been cited for trespassing after breaching a Kennedy Airport security perimeter.
    Two kayakers have been cited for trespassing after breaching a security perimeter at New York's Kennedy Airport.
  • NY man dies speeding on a straight road

    NY man dies speeding on a straight road

    Sunday, July 27 2014 2:29 PM EDT2014-07-27 18:29:19 GMT
    Police say a 24-year-old Queens man was killed in a fiery crash while speeding on a Long Island parkway.
    Police say a 24-year-old Queens man was killed in a fiery crash while speeding on a Long Island parkway.
  • G subway line shutting down for 5 weeks

    G subway line shutting down for 5 weeks

    Friday, July 25 2014 9:37 PM EDT2014-07-26 01:37:26 GMT
    Beginning Friday night, a portion of the G subway line that connects Brooklyn and Queens will be shut down for five weeks.
    The MTA says there will be no service between the Nassau Avenue station in Greenpoint and Court Square in Long Island City until Sept. 2.
    Beginning Friday night, a portion of the G subway line that connects Brooklyn and Queens will be shut down for five weeks.
    The MTA says there will be no service between the Nassau Avenue station in Greenpoint and Court Square in Long Island City until Sept. 2.
Powered by WorldNow

25 FOX Drive
Dedham, MA 02026

Phone (781) 467-2525

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices