Investigators: Child started fatal NH fire - Boston News, Weather, Sports | FOX 25 | MyFoxBoston

Investigators: Child started fatal NH fire

Posted: Updated:

Fire investigators in New Hampshire say a child turned on a stove burner that sparked a fatal fire in Londonderry Thursday.

Fire officials said 17-month-old Garrett Grice was sleeping in a crib when his mother left the home with the other child to see a relative for a few minutes.

Officials said the stove's burner ignited some cooking oil, which sparked the blaze.

Grice's mother attempted to run into the home and rescue him and was injured.

Fire officials said Grice died from smoke inhalation.

Powered by WorldNow

25 FOX Drive
Dedham, MA 02026

Phone (781) 467-2525

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | New Terms of Service What's new | Ad Choices