WAKEFIELD (FOX 25 / MyFoxBoston.com) – A high school in Wakefield will remain closed for the rest of the week following a fire that tore through part of the building on Tuesday night.
Northeast Metro Tech, a vocational high school, announced on its website Wednesday that all classes will be cancelled while administration and contractors work to adequately prepare for reopening.
Additionally, there will be a two-hour delay on Monday, Jan. 14. Students are expected to report to their respective homerooms by 9:55 a.m. Buses will arrive at all scheduled stops approximately two hours after their regularly scheduled time.
The two-alarm fire began around 5:30 p.m. Tuesday inside the school's Carpentry Shop.
Additional crews were called to the scene after flames spread to the roof.
The fire was contained to the particular area of the building, and no one was injured.
According to the Wakefield Patch, a spark ignited some sawdust in a heating duct.
A basketball game was underway in the school's gym, but everyone safely made it out of the school