One tube at Queens-Midtown Tunnel closed for weekend - Boston News, Weather, Sports | FOX 25 | MyFoxBoston

One tube at Queens-Midtown Tunnel closed for weekend

Posted: Updated:
NEW YORK (MYFOXNY) -

MTA officials announced that the Queens-bound tube of the Queens-Midtown Tunnel will be closed this weekend to traffic. 

The tunnel is closed for repairs due to Superstorm Sandy. The closure began at 2:00 a.m. on Saturday, January 26th and will go through 5:00 a.m. on Monday, January 28th

Two-way traffic will still be in effect in the remaining tube for cars and buses but commercial traffic must use an alternate route. 

Motorists should expect delays and are advised to use either the Robert F. Kennedy Bridge or the Hugh L. Carey (formerly Brooklyn-Battery) Tunnel as an alternate.  

Motorists driving from Manhattan to Queens can enter the tunnel at 34th Street between Second and Third avenues. Motorists driving into Manhattan from Queens will exit normally at the 37th Street and Tunnel exit for uptown. Downtown traffic will use the Marginal tunnel exit to 38th Street and then to Second Avenue. The 34th Street and Second Avenue ramps will be closed to traffic exiting in Manhattan.  

The MTA says traffic agents and signs will be in place to help direct motorists.

  • Manhattan NewsManhattan NewsMore>>

  • Baldwin: Rather pay up than apologize over arrest

    Baldwin: Rather pay up than apologize over arrest

    Actor Alec Baldwin is not apologizing over an incident that led to a disorderly conduct arrest in May.
    Actor Alec Baldwin is not apologizing over an incident that led to a disorderly conduct arrest in May.
  • Lawyers working to resolve LaBeouf's theater arrest

    Lawyers working to resolve LaBeouf's theater arrest

    Thursday, July 24 2014 12:35 PM EDT2014-07-24 16:35:07 GMT
    Lawyers say they are trying to resolve Shia LaBeouf's disorderly conduct case stemming from an incident at a Broadway show last month. Prosecutors and LaBeouf's lawyer told a judge Thursday that they're exploring an agreement to resolve the case. LaBeouf was arrested after he allegedly disrupted a performance of "Cabaret" starring Alan Cumming. He is due back in court Sept. 10.
    Lawyers say they are trying to resolve Shia LaBeouf's disorderly conduct case stemming from an incident at a Broadway show last month. Prosecutors and LaBeouf's lawyer told a judge Thursday that they're exploring an agreement to resolve the case. LaBeouf was arrested after he allegedly disrupted a performance of "Cabaret" starring Alan Cumming. He is due back in court Sept. 10.
  • Another video shows NYPD cop putting man in choke hold

    Another video shows NYPD cop putting man in choke hold

    Wednesday, July 23 2014 10:08 PM EDT2014-07-24 02:08:13 GMT
    The NYPD is investigating another apparent choke-hold incident during a recent arrest that was captured on video. The video shows a police officer putting a man in a choke hold and then punching him in the face in a subway station in Harlem, police said. A community activist said he received the new video but never had any intention of releasing it to the media.
    The NYPD is investigating another apparent choke-hold incident during a recent arrest that was captured on video. The video shows a police officer putting a man in a choke hold and then punching him in the face in a subway station in Harlem, police said. A community activist said he received the new video but never had any intention of releasing it to the media.
Powered by WorldNow

25 FOX Drive
Dedham, MA 02026

Phone (781) 467-2525

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices