Spark from wood or pellet stove could be what caused fatal fire - Boston News, Weather, Sports | FOX 25 | MyFoxBoston

Spark from wood or pellet stove could be what caused fatal Gloucester fire

Posted: Updated:

GLOUCESTER (FOX 25 / MyFoxBoston.com) – A spark from a wood or pellet stove could be what caused a deadly fire on the North Shore.

Saturday night, neighbors saw flames shooting from a home at 4 Windsor Lane in Gloucester. The fire moved quickly, killing Kimberly Anderson, who lived in the home alone.
    
It's not clear if smoke detectors in the home were working and firefighters say that is something they see on a regular basis.

The state Fire Marshal's office is urging everyone to make sure smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors are working properly and to take extra caution with space heaters.
    
This month, seven people have died in fires in Massachusetts.

Powered by WorldNow

25 FOX Drive
Dedham, MA 02026

Phone (781) 467-2525

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | New Terms of Service What's new | Ad Choices