Improperly wired light caused fatal Barre fire - Boston News, Weather, Sports | FOX 25 | MyFoxBoston

Improperly wired light caused fatal Barre fire

Posted: Updated:

BARRE (FOX 25 / MyFoxBoston.com) – A fatal fire at 19 Trafalgar Square was caused by an improperly wired kitchen light.

State Fire Marshal Stephen D. Coan says that the kitchen light was not properly wired in place, which led to "resistive heating over time that eventually ignited nearby combustible materials."

Josephine Masulaitis, 90, died in the fire.

Firefighters said there were no smoke alarms or carbon monoxide detectors inside the home.

Powered by WorldNow

25 FOX Drive
Dedham, MA 02026

Phone (781) 467-2525

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices