Family says body found in abandoned home is missing daughter - Boston News, Weather, Sports | FOX 25 | MyFoxBoston

Family of Dynasty Myles says body found in abandoned home is missing daughter

Posted: Updated:
(Credit: WJBK|myFOXDetroit.com) Dynasty Myles (Credit: WJBK|myFOXDetroit.com) Dynasty Myles

By myFOXDetroit.com staff

DETROIT, Mich. (WJBK)

The family of a missing 23-year-old Detroit woman who vanished on New Year's Day had been praying for her safe return.

Sadly, loved ones confirming to FOX 2 News that the body found inside an abandoned home on Log Cabin Street near the Lodge Freeway Tuesday morning is that of Dynasty Myles.

A city worker discovered the woman's body naked and frozen inside an abandoned home on Detroit's west side.  Myles was last seen on New Year's Day when she left her six-year-old daughter with her father and stepmother at their Southfield home. Her car was later found outside the Fairlane Town Center in Dearborn.

Adding to the mystery, her sister told Fox 2 Myles called her the night she disappeared hoping to meet up with her at her workplace, Benihana, a Japanese restaurant located at the Fairlane Town Center. Myles ordered take out, but her sister says she never picked it up.

The family has now identified the body as that of Myles but so far an autopsy has not been performed. Homicide detectives in both Dearborn and Detroit are investigating.

  • Local NewsLocal NewsMore>>

  • Pensioners approve Detroit bankruptcy plan

    Pensioners approve Detroit bankruptcy plan

    Monday, July 21 2014 11:39 PM EDT2014-07-22 03:39:04 GMT
    The city of Detroit says workers and retirees have approved pension cuts, a crucial step to emerging from the largest municipal bankruptcy in U.S. history. The city reported results Monday after two months of balloting ended July 11. A judge still must hold a trial to determine if Detroit's overall bankruptcy plan is fair and feasible, but support from retirees is vital.
    The city of Detroit says workers and retirees have approved pension cuts, a crucial step to emerging from the largest municipal bankruptcy in U.S. history. The city reported results Monday after two months of balloting ended July 11. A judge still must hold a trial to determine if Detroit's overall bankruptcy plan is fair and feasible, but support from retirees is vital.
  • DPD's 6th precinct struck by bullets in drive-by shooting

    DPD's 6th precinct struck by bullets in drive-by shooting

    Monday, July 21 2014 11:06 PM EDT2014-07-22 03:06:31 GMT
    Detroit police say bullets struck the 6th Precinct building during a drive-by shooting. This was the same precinct where four officers were shot back in 2011.
    Detroit police say bullets struck the 6th Precinct building during a drive-by shooting. This was the same precinct where four officers were shot back in 2011.
  • City turns down Vinsetta Garage's new parking proposal

    City turns down Vinsetta Garage's new parking proposal

    Monday, July 21 2014 10:31 PM EDT2014-07-22 02:31:49 GMT
    Vinsetta Garage, a popular restaurant in Berkley, proposed to tear down several homes and build a parking lot to solve the parking issue in the neighborhood, but the proposal was turned down Monday at city hall.
    Vinsetta Garage, a popular restaurant in Berkley, proposed to tear down several homes and build a parking lot to solve the parking issue in the neighborhood, but the proposal was turned down Monday at city hall.
Powered by WorldNow

25 FOX Drive
Dedham, MA 02026

Phone (781) 467-2525

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices