February is Children's Dental Health month. Dentists say, even though baby teeth are going to fall out, it is crucial for the health of adult teeth, to keep them healthy.
Dr. Rena Allswang from New You Dental Center has these reminders for parents.
· First dental visit should be between ages one and two
· Infected baby teeth can affect developing adult teeth
· Dentists can help prevent cavities with sealants and fluoride
· Dentists can catch cavities early on, before teeth start to hurt
· It is especially important to see a dentist when wearing braces