WEBSTER, N.H. (MyFoxBoston.com) – An outside fire in Webster resulted in the death of a 20-year-old Warner man and the serious injury of a woman.
Firefighters responded to the area of 127 Deer Meadow Road around 10:20 p.m. on Saturday.
First responders discovered that two people had been burned by an outside fire.
The male victim, Daniel Hewey, was taken to Concord Hospital where he died, while the 17-year-old female victim was taken to Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston for treatment of her burns. She is expected to recover.
According to investigators, Hewey was using gasoline to ignite a brush pile in a fire pit. The gasoline caused a small explosion and flash fire.
The cause of his death has been ruled accidental due to inhalation injuries and burns from the fire.
N.H. State Fire Marshal J. William Degnan urged the public to never use gasoline or other flammable liquids to light any fire. The vapors are explosive and extremely flammable and will pool at ground level particularly in colder weather.