Officials: Overheated laptop caused fire at Milford home - Boston News, Weather, Sports | FOX 25 | MyFoxBoston

Officials: Overheated laptop caused fire at Milford home

Posted: Updated:

MILFORD, Mass. (MyFoxBoston.com) – A laptop computer that overheated caused the fire that occurred on Water Street in Milford Wednesday morning, according to officials.

Officials say the fire broke out at about 6 a.m. SKYFOX was over the scene just before 6:30 a.m.

Smoke could be seen billowing from the lower floors of the multi-family home as flames appeared to be coming from the attic. Crews were called out of the home when the roof collapsed.

Officials say the laptop computer was next to a cardboard box filled with clothing. When the laptop caught fire, the flames spread to the box then throughout the residence.

According to The Milford Daily News, seven people were displaced by the fire. Four children and three adults were able to safely escape the home.

It took about 45 minutes for crews to put out the flames.

Powered by WorldNow

25 FOX Drive
Dedham, MA 02026

Phone (781) 467-2525

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices