Authorities suspect that exhaust fumes may be responsible for the death of two people in East Point on Wednesday.
Morris Horton told FOX 5 that he was trying to reach his friends who weren't answering the phone. When he arrived at their house on Graywall Street, he discovered an 11-year-old Sederick Baliem III and a 40-year-old Sederick Baliem dead.
Horton said he got two other children out of the home.
Those children, a 2-year-old girl and a 13-year-old boy, were taken to Children's Healthcare of Atlanta at Egleston with suspected carbon monoxide poisoning. They have since been moved to the Augusta Burn Center in critical, but stable condition.
Another woman, believed to be a roommate, was also rushed to the hospital and was said to be doing well.
East Point Fire Department officials believe that carbon monoxide poisoning from exhaust fumes from a gas generator at the home may be to blame.
"It was strong enough to where the initial officers that got inside, they made it halfway into the house and then they became overcome by carbon monoxide," said Lt. Cliff Chandler of the East Point Police Department.
Investigators said that the home apparently did not have electricity and was being powered by the generator.