Investigators: Tyngsborough fire likely caused by cigarette
TYNGSBOROUGH, Mass. – Officials believe an early morning fire in Tyngsborough was caused by a cigarette.
Fire crews from surrounding towns responded to the 3-alarm blaze located at 10 Long Pond Road just after 2 a.m. Friday. A FOX 25 photographer on the scene said flames were shooting from the second floor of the home. The fire was under control by 4 a.m.
Everyone in the home safely escaped the flames. However, one resident was transported to the hospital just before 7 a.m. after saying she felt short of breath and nauseated.
The home has been deemed uninhabitable. The Red Cross is assisting the three residents displaced by the fire.
Investigators say the fire was likely caused by the improper disposal of a cigarette.