Authorities 1st sought multiple bombing suspects - Boston News, Weather, Sports | FOX 25 | MyFoxBoston

Authorities 1st sought multiple bombing suspects

Posted: Updated:

CAMBRIDGE, Mass. (AP) — Massachusetts officials thought they were searching for multiple suspects when they shut down mass transit and told Boston area residents to stay home following the marathon bombings last week.

Emergency Management Agency Director Kurt Schwartz says the decision to issue a shelter-in-place order was "unprecedented" and "bold" but the right one based on the information available at the time.

Authorities later narrowed their search to Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, found hiding alone in a boat in suburban Boston. His brother had died after a gunbattle.

Schwartz's comments came at a Wednesday forum hosted by Harvard's Kennedy School of Government.

Boston police Commissioner Ed Davis says the decision to shut down the area was "a no-brainer." He says the manhunt was at least as serious as periodic snowstorms that paralyze the area.

Tsarnaev's aunt says he's not guilty.

Powered by WorldNow

25 FOX Drive
Dedham, MA 02026

Phone (781) 467-2525

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices