Prince Harry U.S. visit | Harlem RBI | Foundation - Boston News, Weather, Sports | FOX 25 | MyFoxBoston

Prince Harry visits New York City

Posted: Updated:
Prince Harry (white shirt) and Yankee Mark Teixeira (red shirt) at a baseball event in Harlem. (Photo by Andrea Grymes) Prince Harry (white shirt) and Yankee Mark Teixeira (red shirt) at a baseball event in Harlem. (Photo by Andrea Grymes)
NEW YORK (MYFOXNY) -

It is not every day that a prince shows up to play a little baseball in Harlem, but that's exactly what happened Tuesday afternoon as Britain's Prince Harry continued his visit in the United States by playing baseball with kids there.

Jolita Brettler, 9, was definitely thrilled to be one of the lucky kids who played baseball this afternoon with His Royal Highness in Harlem.

Harry spent part of the afternoon at Harlem RBI's Field of Dreams. He came here to help launch a new partnership between Harlem RBI and the Royal Foundation. It will support the local non-profits youth coaching program called Project Coach.

The prince did not speak publicly. He got some baseball tips from Yankees first baseman Mark Teixeira and 9-year-old Jeremiah Garcia.

The Prince then hit two balls straight to the outfield. The kids told me he seemed really fun and kind. He absolutely picked up some new royal fans.

Harry then headed to a Royal Foundation Fundraiser. He ends his weeklong U.S. trip with a polo match in Greenwich, Conn., on Wednesday.

  • Manhattan NewsManhattan NewsMore>>

  • Man struck and killed by NYC subway train

    Man struck and killed by NYC subway train

    Saturday, April 19 2014 3:19 PM EDT2014-04-19 19:19:38 GMT
    A man in his 60s was killed by an oncoming train in midtown Manhattan after jumping on the tracks to grab his personal belongings that fell.
    A man in his 60s was killed by an oncoming train in midtown Manhattan after jumping on the tracks to grab his personal belongings that fell.
  • Family of teen shot and killed by police sues NYC

    Family of teen shot and killed by police sues NYC

    The family of a 16-year-old Brooklyn boy whose fatal shooting by police last year sparked days of protests has filed a federal wrongful death lawsuit against New York City.
    The family of a 16-year-old Brooklyn boy whose fatal shooting by police last year sparked days of protests has filed a federal wrongful death lawsuit against New York City.
  • Woman wanted for baby snatch attempt in custody

    Woman wanted for baby snatch attempt in custody

    Friday, April 18 2014 9:57 PM EDT2014-04-19 01:57:17 GMT
    Police have taken into custody the woman believed to have tried to push a stroller with a baby inside away from a nanny in Chelsea. Tara Anne McDonald, 46, was being evaluated at a hospital Friday night. The attempted kidnapping occurred on 8th Ave. and 17th St. at about 3:45 p.m. on Thursday, police said.
    Police have taken into custody the woman believed to have tried to push a stroller with a baby inside away from a nanny in Chelsea. Tara Anne McDonald, 46, was being evaluated at a hospital Friday night. The attempted kidnapping occurred on 8th Ave. and 17th St. at about 3:45 p.m. on Thursday, police said.
Powered by WorldNow

25 FOX Drive
Dedham, MA 02026

Phone (781) 467-2525

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices