3 still in hospital after Atlanta shuttle crash - Boston News, Weather, Sports | FOX 25 | MyFoxBoston

3 still in hospital after Atlanta shuttle crash

Posted: Updated:
Photo credit: Chris Lucas/SKYFOX 5 Photo credit: Chris Lucas/SKYFOX 5

ATLANTA (AP) - Three people remain at an Atlanta hospital after they were injured aboard a hotel shuttle bus that crashed with a tractor-trailer near the city's airport.

Grady Memorial Hospital spokeswoman Denise Simpson said Saturday that seven other patients treated after the shuttle crash Friday had been released.

Hospital officials said Friday that two people treated there had serious injuries - one suffered a collapsed lung and the other had fractures to both shoulders. Simpson said Saturday the hospital's policy did not allow her to give updates on their conditions.

College Park police say 18 people on the shuttle were hurt when it crashed on the road that loops around Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport. Police say the bus skidded 158 feet before impact. Names of the injured were not released.

Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

  • More Local NewsMore>>

  • Man leads Rockdale Deputies on 100mph chase

    Man leads Rockdale Deputies on 100mph chase

    Wednesday, April 23 2014 3:20 PM EDT2014-04-23 19:20:03 GMT
    A South Carolina man fleeing from deputies crashed his car and had to be pulled from the wreckage after it burst into flames.
    A South Carolina man fleeing from deputies crashed his car and had to be pulled from the wreckage after it burst into flames.
  • Manchester High evacuated over 'text message' bomb threat

    Manchester High evacuated over 'text message' bomb threat

    Wednesday, April 23 2014 12:36 PM EDT2014-04-23 16:36:51 GMT
    Students at Manchester High School were evacuated from the building late Wednesday morning following a reported bomb threat.
    Students at Manchester High School were evacuated from the building late Wednesday morning following a reported bomb threat.
  • Use of force 'not justified' in officer shooting of Bartow teen

    Use of force 'not justified' in officer shooting of Bartow teen

    Wednesday, April 23 2014 11:20 AM EDT2014-04-23 15:20:30 GMT
    A Bartow County Grand Jury has stated that the use of deadly force in the February shooting of a teen was 'not justified'. Christopher Roupe, 17, was fatally shot by Euharlee officer who claimed the teen answered the door with a gun.
    A Bartow County Grand Jury has stated that the use of deadly force in the February shooting of a teen was 'not justified'. Christopher Roupe, 17, was fatally shot by Euharlee officer who claimed the teen answered the door with a gun.
Powered by WorldNow

25 FOX Drive
Dedham, MA 02026

Phone (781) 467-2525

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices