Atlantic City's Revel casino announces layoffs - Boston News, Weather, Sports | FOX 25 | MyFoxBoston

Atlantic City's Revel casino announces layoffs

Courtesy of Revel Courtesy of Revel

ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. (AP) - Atlantic City's newest casino has laid off 75 salaried professional employees even as the casino is attracting more customers.

Revel Casino-Hotel Chief Executive Officer Jeff Hartmann announced the layoffs Monday. He said they are in many departments, including a senior vice president.

Revel opened in April 2012 as a destination resort and found itself struggling along with the rest of the city's casinos. It filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection earlier this year and emerged in May with less debt and a new management team.

Last month, the casino launched a new marketing theme catering more to gamblers and allowing smoking on the casino floor for the first time.

Hartmann said the casino had its first profitable week earlier this month.

Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

  • New Jersey NewsNew Jersey NewsMore>>

  • Man charged for the overdose death of Hillsborough resident on Christmas Eve

    Man charged for the overdose death of Hillsborough resident on Christmas Eve

    Thursday, July 31 2014 11:38 AM EDT2014-07-31 15:38:39 GMT

    A Bridgewater man has been charged with the death of a 22-year-old Hillsborough resident who overdosed on Heroin Christmas Eve morning, according to nj.com.

    A Bridgewater man has been charged with the death of a 22-year-old Hillsborough resident who overdosed on Heroin Christmas Eve morning, according to nj.com.

  • East Hanover man admits exposing himself to child

    East Hanover man admits exposing himself to child

    Thursday, July 31 2014 11:34 AM EDT2014-07-31 15:34:55 GMT
    An East Hanover man previously convicted of child endangerment pleaded guilty Wednesday to exposing himself to another child on several occasions when she was between the ages of 4 and 6. Kenneth Lull, 48, who has been in jail since 2008, received a three-year suspended sentence under the plea agreement, according to NJ.com.
    An East Hanover man previously convicted of child endangerment pleaded guilty Wednesday to exposing himself to another child on several occasions when she was between the ages of 4 and 6. Kenneth Lull, 48, who has been in jail since 2008, received a three-year suspended sentence under the plea agreement, according to NJ.com.
  • FEMA chief questioned over Sandy claims

    FEMA chief questioned over Sandy claims

    Hurricane Sandy damage in Mantoloking, N.J.Hurricane Sandy damage in Mantoloking, N.J.
    The head of the Federal Emergency Management Agency has asked an independent watchdog to examine whether the flood-insurance program is shortchanging Superstorm Sandy victims.
    The head of the Federal Emergency Management Agency has asked an independent watchdog to examine whether the flood-insurance program is shortchanging Superstorm Sandy victims.
Powered by WorldNow

25 FOX Drive
Dedham, MA 02026

Phone (781) 467-2525

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices