SPENCER, Mass. (MyFoxBoston.com) – Two Spencer teenagers are recovering after being shocked by lightning during Monday's storm.
Amanda Peterson, 18, and her 15-year-old brother Paul were zapped by lightning, but luckily they were only slightly hurt.
According to Amanda, who returned home from the hospital Monday evening, doctors said "splash off" from the lightning strike came in through the basement door and zapped her and her brother.
Ironically enough, Amanda was complaining to her mother how much she hates thunderstorms when the accident happened.
It is unclear what the bolt hit, but Amanda believes the lightning may have struck her neighbor's house since it sustained property damage, as well as a third house on the street.
Both Amanda and Paul were holding electronics when they were shocked; however, it is unclear if the electronics acted as conductors. Amanda said she was holding her cell phone in her left hand, which is where she felt the tingling.