Based in Chicago, Telecom Brokerage, Inc. (TBI) has experienced tremendous growth over the past 20 years and is now one of the nation's largest telecommunication Master Agents, representing more than fifty industry providers. With extensive knowledge and industry expertise, TBI offers a one-stop source for unbiased advice and the most aggressive pricing on telecom services from major providers of voice, internet, data, mobility, cloud and managed services. Visit us at http://www.tbicom.com/
TBI OFFERS A COMPETITIVE COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS PACKAGE THAT INCLUDES: Competitive salaries and bonuses; Quality group health benefits, including low premium Medical (3 plans to choose from), Dental, Vision, and Short-Term Disability insurance in addition to company-paid Life, AD&D, and Long-Term Disability insurance; Prescription drug program; Domestic partner benefits; Flexible Spending Account (FSA); 401(K) retirement savings program with company match that is 100% vested upon enrollment; Credit Union membership; Work-Life-Balance benefits, including a generous Paid Time Off (PTO) allowance that is available up-front after 90 days of employment, company-paid holidays (including the day after Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve), and a wellness program; Participation with "TBI Cares," a company-sponsored charitable contribution program focused on giving back to the community; Walking access to the CTA (blue-line) and Pre-tax CTA transportation fare benefit program; Internal referral bonus program; Employee Assistance Program (EAP); Relaxed work environment; OPPORTUNITIES FOR GROWTH; and so much more . . .
The HR Generalist/Recruiter will provide HR support to the organization in the areas of recruitment and selection, employee relations, performance management, compensation, benefits, and employee training/development. This position will drive full spectrum recruiting and employment functions and will actively participate in other day to day human resources duties that support strategic HR initiatives.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
• Partner with management to create effective job postings, job descriptions and identify appropriate sites and tools for communicating company job opportunities
• Pre-screen resumes submitted and conduct pre-interview phone screening
• Collaborate with hiring managers on offer review and approval
• Drive recruiting activities to ensure a strong pool of qualified candidates for current and future openings
• Manage employee and applicant inquiries and claims, responding with tact and resourcefulness
• Respond to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs
• Provide day-to-day HR operational support
• Ensure proper HR recordkeeping and up-to-date employment records for all employees
• Assist with compensation and benefits administration
• Assist with delivering New Employee Orientation and other HR related trainings
• Assist with resolving complex employee relations issues
• Complete special HR projects as assigned
• Bachelor's degree plus at least 3 years related experience and/or training in Human Resources; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Strong proficiency in the following:
o Web-based recruitment tools, including social media
o MS Office Suite to include Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• PHR certification desired
• Experience recruiting for a call center or sales environment is strongly preferred
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills to ensure accurate and effective conveyance of information. Demonstrated attention to detail.
• Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control.
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.