Rockland woman dies after clothing catches fire while cooking - Boston News, Weather, Sports | FOX 25 | MyFoxBoston

Rockland woman dies after clothing catches fire while cooking

Posted: Updated:

ROCKLAND, Mass. (MyFoxBoston.com) – A 71-year-old Rockland woman is dead following a fire that occurred on Market Street Tuesday.

Following an investigation, fire officials said the fire at 644 Market St. began in the kitchen. The victim, later identified as Mary Gammon, died after her clothing caught fire from an open flame on the stove.

The fire was ruled accidental.

State Fire Marshal Stephen Coan urged residents, especially those over 65 who are more at risk, to be careful while cooking.

Powered by WorldNow

25 FOX Drive
Dedham, MA 02026

Phone (781) 467-2525

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices