2 men wanted in NYC Whole Foods robbery - Boston News, Weather, Sports | FOX 25 | MyFoxBoston

2 men wanted in NYC Whole Foods robbery

Posted: Updated:

The NYPD is asking for the public's help in solving a $60,000 robbery at a Manhattan Whole Foods supermarket.

The crime occurred around 10 p.m. Sunday.

Police say employees were transporting the money in the store's elevator. When they got to the second floor, they were assaulted by two men.

One suspect pointed a gun and ordered them to the ground. The other tied a victim's hands behind his back.

The suspects fled from 95 East Houston Street with the money onto Chrystie Street.

One of the men is described by police as Black, 6 feet tall, with black eyes and black dread locks. He was wearing a brown coat at the time of the robbery.

The second suspect is Black, with dreadlocks and was wearing a black sweater.

Anyone with information is asked to contact Crime Stoppers:

www.nypdcrimestoppers.com

Crime Stoppers at (800) 577-TIPS (8477)

Text your tips to CRIMES (274637), then enter TIP577

 

Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

  • Manhattan NewsManhattan NewsMore>>

  • Man struck and killed by NYC subway train

    Man struck and killed by NYC subway train

    Saturday, April 19 2014 3:19 PM EDT2014-04-19 19:19:38 GMT
    A man in his 60s was killed by an oncoming train in midtown Manhattan after jumping on the tracks to grab his personal belongings that fell.
    A man in his 60s was killed by an oncoming train in midtown Manhattan after jumping on the tracks to grab his personal belongings that fell.
  • Family of teen shot and killed by police sues NYC

    Family of teen shot and killed by police sues NYC

    The family of a 16-year-old Brooklyn boy whose fatal shooting by police last year sparked days of protests has filed a federal wrongful death lawsuit against New York City.
    The family of a 16-year-old Brooklyn boy whose fatal shooting by police last year sparked days of protests has filed a federal wrongful death lawsuit against New York City.
  • Woman wanted for baby snatch attempt in custody

    Woman wanted for baby snatch attempt in custody

    Friday, April 18 2014 9:57 PM EDT2014-04-19 01:57:17 GMT
    Police have taken into custody the woman believed to have tried to push a stroller with a baby inside away from a nanny in Chelsea. Tara Anne McDonald, 46, was being evaluated at a hospital Friday night. The attempted kidnapping occurred on 8th Ave. and 17th St. at about 3:45 p.m. on Thursday, police said.
    Police have taken into custody the woman believed to have tried to push a stroller with a baby inside away from a nanny in Chelsea. Tara Anne McDonald, 46, was being evaluated at a hospital Friday night. The attempted kidnapping occurred on 8th Ave. and 17th St. at about 3:45 p.m. on Thursday, police said.
Powered by WorldNow

25 FOX Drive
Dedham, MA 02026

Phone (781) 467-2525

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices