FOX 25 has created a list of closings and some of the events being held in honor of Veterans Day Monday.
Here are some of the places closed in observance of Veterans Day:
State, town, and city offices
Libraries and schools
Local United States Postal Service offices will be closed and there will be no delivery.
Trash collection: Typically, most towns and cities will delay trash pickup by one day for the holiday. Residents who are unsure about their holiday trash collection schedule should check their city or town's website for more information.
Veterans Day events:
- Veterans Inc. Pancake Breakfast in Worcester
69 Grove Street from 8 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
- State House Veterans Commemoration Ceremony
Memorial Hall, State House at 10 a.m.
- Free Fenway Park tours for veterans and active service members
Tickets available at Gate D ticket booth, Corner of Yawkey Way and Van Ness Street
Tours run from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. - Visitors will be asked to show their Military ID
- Framingham Veterans Day Ceremony
Cushing Memorial Park
11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Bruins donate tickets to soldiers
1 p.m. TD Garden, Bruins vs. Tampa Bay Lightning
Matt Bartkowski, Johnny Boychuk, David Krejci, Torey Krug and Dennis Seidenberg each purchased $2,500 worth of tickets to the game to give to local military members and their families. Families will be able to meet the players after the game.
- Northeastern University annual Veterans Day Ceremony
2:30 p.m. at the Northeastern University Veterans Memorial
120 Forsyth Street, Boston
- Boston Veterans Day Parade
Boston Common to City Hall Plaza
According to his public schedule, Congressman Joe Kennedy will be attending several events around the state for Veterans Day:
- Medfield Veterans Breakfast
Medfield American Legion on Ice House Road
- Milford Veterans Parade
9:30 a.m. - 11 a.m.
East Main Street and Medway Road
- Dean College Veterans Memorial Ceremony
Dean Hall, Franklin, MA
- Run to Home Base Veterans Event
John F. Kennedy Presidential Library, Boston, MA