NORTH CARVER, Mass. (MyFoxBoston.com) – A Dunkin' Donuts in North Carver was burglarized early Wednesday morning, according to Carver police.
Just before 4 a.m., police responded to the chain's location at 2 Montello St., where officers found the drive-through window had been forced open.
Surveillance photos showed a male suspect pulling up to the drive-thru, forcing the window open and making off with cash.
Police are trying to determine if the burglary was connected to nearly two dozen Dunks robberies in Massachusetts since March. So far, only five of the robberies have been connected, but in all the incidents a suspect, described as a white man between 19- and 30-years-old, shows a gun or knife and makes off with cash.
"Certainly we'd love to be able to catch one guy and link him to all of them and put an end to the whole thing. Whether or not that will happen, I can't say," said Carver police chief Marc Duphily.
The chief said Wednesday morning's burglary didn't quite follow the pattern of the others.
"The difference we have here is the other incidents that occurred were armed robberies where people were present and put in fear. This is breaking and entering into an unoccupied building," said Duphily.
Investigators said they plan to release a much clearer surveillance video in a few days.
Recent robberies of Dunkin' Donuts in Saugus and Wilmington have been deemed unconnected to the others.
The Dunkin' Donuts corporate office is offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to an arrest in the robberies. Anyone with information on the robbery is asked to call Carver police at (508) 866-2000.