BOSTON (AP) -- Suffolk Downs has told state gambling regulators that it's moving forward with plans for a resort casino in Revere, despite being rejected by voters in neighboring East Boston.
In a hand-delivered letter Thursday to the Massachusetts Gaming Commission, Suffolk Downs chairman William Mulrow said the thoroughbred race track was confident that it would submit a final casino application to the panel by the Dec. 31 deadline.
Mulrow also indicated that Suffolk Downs was close to lining up a new casino partner after severing ties last month with Caesar's Entertainment.
Voters in East Boston defeated a casino referendum on Nov. 5, but Revere voted to support the project. The track then began negotiations with Revere officials to move the entire casino proposal to a 52-acre site in Revere.