Two years later, Andover murder investigation 'still active' - Boston News, Weather, Sports | FOX 25 | MyFoxBoston

Two years later, Andover double murder investigation 'still active'

Posted: Updated:

ANDOVER, Mass. (MyFoxBoston.com) -- Almost two years after a couple was found shot to death in the Andover home, the Essex County District Attorney's office and Andover Police Department are renewing their pleas to the public for information in the case.

John Magee, 69, and his 67-year-old wife Geraldine were found shot to death in their house at 7 Orchard Crossing in Andover early on the morning of Dec. 14, 2011. The night before, their Lexus SUV had been found burning on Prince Street in the North End of Boston.

The couple had two adult children, a son and daughter. Their home is currently up for sale, listed for just under $1 million.

Though two years has passed without an arrest in the case, Essex District Attorney Jonathan Blodgett and Andover Police Chief Patrick Keefe said the two agencies are "still actively investigating the double homicide."

"The investigation remains active and a high priority," Blodgett said in a statement.  We will continue to pursue every lead until we find the person or persons responsible for this tragic murder and seek justice for the Magee family in court."

No specific details about the investigation were released.

Anyone with any information regarding the case is asked to call detectives at the District Attorney's office at 978-745-8908, or call the Andover police's anonymous tip line at 978-470-3864.

Powered by WorldNow

25 FOX Drive
Dedham, MA 02026

Phone (781) 467-2525

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | New Terms of Service What's new | Ad Choices