Man humiliated on police video accused of breaking and entering - Boston News, Weather, Sports | FOX 25 | MyFoxBoston

Man humiliated in a Grosse Pointe Park police video is accused of breaking and entering

Posted: Updated:
Michael Scipio Michael Scipio
(WJBK) -

Detroit police are seeking an arrest warrant for Michael Scipio, the mentally challenged homeless man who made headlines last month when video surfaced showing Grosse Pointe Park police officers harassing him.

Police say Scipio is suspected in a home invasion. It's alleged he broke into a home in Detroit's Indian Village neighborhood earlier this month. The homeowner told police she beat Scipio with a hammer and he ran off. Police found him walking a short time later with a broken arm, and say he had just been treated and released from the hospital for his injury. Detroit police could not hold him at this time.

The warrant has not yet been signed at the time of this report.

  • Local NewsLocal NewsMore>>

  • Evan Reed arraigned on sexual assault charges

    Evan Reed arraigned on sexual assault charges

    Thursday, July 31 2014 12:42 PM EDT2014-07-31 16:42:51 GMT
    Minor league pitcher Evan Reed has been arraigned on charges of sexually assaulting a woman at a downtown Detroit hotel.
    Minor league pitcher Evan Reed has been arraigned on charges of sexually assaulting a woman at a downtown Detroit hotel.
  • Two in custody on drug charges after search connected to Armada teen's murder

    Two in custody on drug charges after search connected to Armada teen's murder

    Thursday, July 31 2014 12:17 PM EDT2014-07-31 16:17:30 GMT
    The FBI and state police were at a home on Marquette Road in Goodells, Mich. most of Wednesday executing an investigative search warrant related to the murder of 14-year-old April Millsap.
    The FBI and state police were at a home on Marquette Road in Goodells, Mich. most of Wednesday executing an investigative search warrant related to the murder of 14-year-old April Millsap.
  • 24-year-old women is $66 million jackpot winner

    24-year-old women is $66 million jackpot winner

    Thursday, July 31 2014 11:26 AM EDT2014-07-31 15:26:09 GMT
    The Michigan Lottery says a Port Huron woman is the winner of a $66 million Mega Millions jackpot that was drawn in mid-June.Kelsey Zachow says in a statement that she "could barely breathe" when she learned she was the winner.
    The Michigan Lottery says a Port Huron woman is the winner of a $66 million Mega Millions jackpot that was drawn in mid-June.Kelsey Zachow says in a statement that she "could barely breathe" when she learned she was the winner.
  • Download the FOX 2 Apps


  • FOX 2 News Five-Day Forecast
Powered by WorldNow

25 FOX Drive
Dedham, MA 02026

Phone (781) 467-2525

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices