De-Blasio announces new head of Childrens Services - Boston News, Weather, Sports | FOX 25 | MyFoxBoston

De-Blasio announces new head of Childrens Services

Posted: Updated:

A woman born and raised in the Bronx, has been tapped as the next head of Childrens Services for New York City.

It's a critical position heading a city agency charged with protecting our at risk children and the new appointee is coming into office with a high powered endorsement

"I'm proud to appoint her today, Gladys Carrion," Mayor-elect De Blasio said. 

Many say Gladys Carrion has the perfect resume for the position.

Carrion was born and bred in the Bronx, and has long been involved in the child welfare system.

She brings extensive experience to the post and most recently served as state commissioner of the office of family services under Gov Cuomo. 

The Mayor-elect says the new commissioner's life long commitment to helping families will ensure that no families are left behind.

  • Local NewsLocal NewsMore>>

  • Man struck and killed by NYC subway train

    Man struck and killed by NYC subway train

    Saturday, April 19 2014 3:19 PM EDT2014-04-19 19:19:38 GMT
    A man in his 60s was killed by an oncoming train in midtown Manhattan after jumping on the tracks to grab his personal belongings that fell.
    A man in his 60s was killed by an oncoming train in midtown Manhattan after jumping on the tracks to grab his personal belongings that fell.
  • Woman in custody in NYC stroller snatch attempt

    Woman in custody in NYC stroller snatch attempt

    Saturday, April 19 2014 2:55 PM EDT2014-04-19 18:55:51 GMT
    Police say an 8-month-old baby was nearly snatched by a stranger while being pushed down a Manhattan street in his stroller, but a bystander intervened to foil the abduction attempt.
    Police say an 8-month-old baby was nearly snatched by a stranger while being pushed down a Manhattan street in his stroller, but a bystander intervened to foil the abduction attempt.
  • Family of teen shot and killed by police sues NYC

    Family of teen shot and killed by police sues NYC

    The family of a 16-year-old Brooklyn boy whose fatal shooting by police last year sparked days of protests has filed a federal wrongful death lawsuit against New York City.
    The family of a 16-year-old Brooklyn boy whose fatal shooting by police last year sparked days of protests has filed a federal wrongful death lawsuit against New York City.
Powered by WorldNow

25 FOX Drive
Dedham, MA 02026

Phone (781) 467-2525

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices