Report: De Blasio staffer dating Spitzer - Boston News, Weather, Sports | FOX 25 | MyFoxBoston

Report: De Blasio staffer dating Spitzer

Posted: Updated:
NEW YORK (MYFOXNY) - The spokeswoman for mayor-elect Bill de Blasio is reportedly dating former New York Gov. Eliot Spitzer.

The NY Post reports Lis Smith, 31, who works as communications director for de Blasio has been seen on late night dinner dates with the 54-year-old Spitzer.

According to the Post, Spitzer-- who resigned in disgrace when it was revealed he hired a call girl-- has been seen entering and leaving Smith's apartment on Thompson Street in lower Manhattan at all hours of the day and night.

The manager of the French restaurant Le Pescadeux told the Post the pair are regulars at his eatery.

Spitzer's spokeswoman, Lisa Linden, reportedly did not deny his relationship with Smith saying they are "friends" and the he "holds her in high regard."

It is not clear if Spitzer has filed for divorce from his wife who stood by him during the prostitution scandal that lead to his resignation in 2008.

Spitzer was most recently back in the public eye after losing in the race for NYC comptroller.

Silda Spitzer, a former corporate lawyer now working in a private equity group, had reportedly planned to divorce Spitzer after the comptroller race.

Spitzer was reportedly "unhappy with his decision to reenter politics, thrusting their relationship back into the public spotlight."



  • Manhattan NewsManhattan NewsMore>>

  • Man struck and killed by NYC subway train

    Man struck and killed by NYC subway train

    Saturday, April 19 2014 3:19 PM EDT2014-04-19 19:19:38 GMT
    A man in his 60s was killed by an oncoming train in midtown Manhattan after jumping on the tracks to grab his personal belongings that fell.
    A man in his 60s was killed by an oncoming train in midtown Manhattan after jumping on the tracks to grab his personal belongings that fell.
  • Family of teen shot and killed by police sues NYC

    Family of teen shot and killed by police sues NYC

    The family of a 16-year-old Brooklyn boy whose fatal shooting by police last year sparked days of protests has filed a federal wrongful death lawsuit against New York City.
    The family of a 16-year-old Brooklyn boy whose fatal shooting by police last year sparked days of protests has filed a federal wrongful death lawsuit against New York City.
  • Woman wanted for baby snatch attempt in custody

    Woman wanted for baby snatch attempt in custody

    Friday, April 18 2014 9:57 PM EDT2014-04-19 01:57:17 GMT
    Police have taken into custody the woman believed to have tried to push a stroller with a baby inside away from a nanny in Chelsea. Tara Anne McDonald, 46, was being evaluated at a hospital Friday night. The attempted kidnapping occurred on 8th Ave. and 17th St. at about 3:45 p.m. on Thursday, police said.
    Police have taken into custody the woman believed to have tried to push a stroller with a baby inside away from a nanny in Chelsea. Tara Anne McDonald, 46, was being evaluated at a hospital Friday night. The attempted kidnapping occurred on 8th Ave. and 17th St. at about 3:45 p.m. on Thursday, police said.
Powered by WorldNow

25 FOX Drive
Dedham, MA 02026

Phone (781) 467-2525

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices