No bail for Bronzeville man charged with killing 19-year-old - Boston News, Weather, Sports | FOX 25 | MyFoxBoston

No bail for Bronzeville man charged with killing 19-year-old

Posted: Updated:
Devon Clark, 19 Devon Clark, 19
CHICAGO (Sun-Times Media Wire) -

A Bronzeville man was ordered held without bail Sunday in connection with the fatal shooting of a 19-year-old man earlier this month in the Chicago Lawn neighborhood.

Devon Clark, 19, of the 600 block of East 50th Place, is charged with the first-degree murder of Joseph Brittman, according to court records.

Assistant State's Attorney Allison Sise said Clark was among a group of people who approached Brittman and others on Jan. 8, taunting them near 64th and Campbell.

She said Clark ran forward and fired a handgun multiple times in the other group's direction, hitting Brittman once in the lower left back. She said Brittman was pronounced dead later that evening.

Sise said Clark was positively identified by witnesses as the shooter. Cook County Judge Maria Kuriakos Ciesil ordered Clark held without bail.

Follow Us!

Share Your Photos & Video

Powered by WorldNow

25 FOX Drive
Dedham, MA 02026

Phone (781) 467-2525

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | New Terms of Service What's new | Ad Choices