Boy's quick thinking saves family from fire - Boston News, Weather, Sports | FOX 25 | MyFoxBoston

Boy's quick thinking saves family from fire

Posted: Updated:

ROCHESTER, N.H. (MyFoxBoston.com) -- When 13-year-old Jacob Record saw flames shooting from the bathroom ceiling on his home Saturday morning, he didn't panic.

Instead, he rushed to tell his father about the flames, which prompted dad Joe McKinlay to grab a fire extinguisher while mother Tanika woke up the other five children in the house and called the fire department, according to a Foster's Daily Democrat article.

Rochester fire officials said that Record's quick thinking most likely kept the home from burning down. The fire began from faulty wiring in a ventilation fan, and flames had already begun to spread from the first floor ceiling to the second floor.

By the time the fire department arrived, the entire family had made it out of the house safely.

To read more, click here.

Powered by WorldNow

25 FOX Drive
Dedham, MA 02026

Phone (781) 467-2525

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices