Bristol County DA plans to appeal gag order in Hernandez case - Boston News, Weather, Sports | FOX 25 | MyFoxBoston

Bristol County DA plans to appeal gag order in Hernandez case

Posted: Updated:

FALL RIVER, Mass. (MyFoxBoston.com/AP) -- Bristol County District Attorney Sam Sutter reportedly plans to appeal a gag order imposed by a Massachusetts judge in the Aaron Hernandez case.

According to WATD-FM, Sutter said he has never seen anything like the order in his three decades of work in the criminal justice system. He adds that the public has a right to know about the case.

Judge Susan Garsh entered an order on Feb. 13 that demands both sides take "reasonable precautions" against prejudicial disclosures and says prosecutors must investigate any reports of leaks. However, she said she found no ethical violations by prosecutors in the murder case.

Hernandez's attorneys claimed the prosecution orchestrated a "publicity stunt" last year when Miami Dolphin Michael Pouncey was served with a subpoena after a game at Gillette Stadium. Prosecutors denied that and say they have leaked nothing.

Hernandez has pleaded not guilty to the murder of semi-professional football player Odin Lloyd.

Powered by WorldNow

25 FOX Drive
Dedham, MA 02026

Phone (781) 467-2525

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices