SAUGUS, Mass. (MyFoxBoston.com) -- A propane tank leak that caused Route 1 in Saugus to shut down Thursday morning also injured one man, sending him to the hospital.
The leak happened at around 10 a.m. at the construction site of the Walmart being built, according to Saugus fire chief Don McQuaid. An employee of the gas company contracted by the construction company got hit with gas when the connection at the top of two, thousand-gallon tanks broke.
Officers evacuated the site and closed Route 1 while cleanup was underway. The employee, though awake and alert, suffered burns on his body and was transported to Massachusetts General Hospital. His condition was unknown.