BOSTON (MyFoxBoston.com) -- Federal Judge George O'Toole ruled Wednesday that accused Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev will be allowed to see autopsy pictures of those killed in the attack. It's something federal prosecutors had argued against, saying it would cause victims needless suffering, and violate their rights to privacy.
Also on Wednesday, the judge struck down the defense motion to have some of the charges against Tsarnaev thrown out because they believe they're redundant.
Tsarnaev wasn't at this hearing in Federal Court, and neither were any of his family members. During the hearing his lawyers argued "this case is largely about family and the relationships between, in this instance, these two brothers."
Tsarnaev's lawyers have hinted they will argue their client was heavily influenced by his older brother Tamerlan when the two allegedly planted bombs at the Boston Marathon.
They're also fighting to get more information about the Ibraghim Todashev case in Florida, and the connection to a triple murder in Waltham in 2011.
Todashev was a friend of Tamerlan. Defense lawyers want the statement Todashev allegedly gave to the FBI where he's believed to have implicated himself and Tamerlan in the murders. Todashev was killed by a federal agent last year after he allegedly attacked the investigator while preparing his written statement.
Defense Attorney David Bruck told the court, "It is a fact that Tamerlan Tsarnaev slit the throats of three helpless people, one of whom was described as a close friend."
Prosecutors say they don't want to disclose details about an ongoing investigation, and claim what Todashev may or may not have said is not relevant to this case.
Tsarnaev's lawyers are also trying to lift special prison restrictions on their client, when he visits with his two sisters. Right now an FBI agent monitors their conversations.
Prosecutors have argued he's a terror suspect in prison, but defense lawyers say there are no national security concerns, and quote "there is no more conspiracy."
In the end the judge indicated he may let the visits happen without a monitor, but won't rule for two weeks until he hears from the bureau of prisons.
Not much reaction from court Wednesday, and not much reaction from bombing survivor Marc Fucarile, who was in court, but chose not to say anything.
Right now Tsarnaev is facing 30-criminal charges, 17 of which carry the death penalty. He has pleaded not guilty.
The judge has set another hearing date for June 18. Defense lawyers told the judge they still have doubts as to whether or not they can make a November trial date. The judge told them, "I'll make you a believer."