WEST NEWBURY, Mass. (MyFoxBoston.com) -- Classes resumed on an abbreviated schedule at Pentucket Regional High School after the school was placed in lockdown Wednesday morning.
Superintendent Jeffrey Mulqueen thanked local police for ensuring the safety of students and staff.
"Their support was instrumental in verifying that the school continues to be safe, despite some concerning language identified in a restroom earlier this morning. The Pentucket administration and local police will continue to implement measures to support school safety," said Mulqueen via press release.
Officials told FOX 25 there was no active threat to students as police searched the building.
Details of the alleged threat found inside a school bathroom were not released.